In this workshop you will learn which data is available on international student mobility and how you can use this data to support your strategic decision-making. During the workshop you will get insights into larger trends in international student mobility and work on a specific case using our mobility statistics (www.nuffic.nl/mobility-statistics) and market information tools (www.nuffic.nl/market-information).
After the course you will be able to interpret developments and trends in international student mobility and understand what they mean for your institution. You will learn how to use the tools provided to analyse student mobility, calculate market shares and benchmark your institution against others in the Netherlands.
Method of teaching
Interactive presentations, individual and group assignments, cases
- Theory: forms and definitions of international student mobility
- The big picture: student mobility in a global context
- Analysing student segments
- Market shares by countries and institutions
- Trend analysis
After this training you will have achieved the following goals:
- You know the different forms and definitions of international student mobility.
- You know which data is available and how to use it.
- You have learned to work with our tools to segment populations and analyse trends.
- You have learned to apply these insights for strategic decision-making, operations and evaluations at your own institution.
Date & location
January 24, 2019
April, 16 2019
2518 AX The Hague
Training : 1 day and one hour of online preparation
You need to bring your own laptop to follow this training.
Language of instruction:
“To make a more informed selection of focus countries we cooperated with Nuffic on a benchmark study. The development of their market information tool was an important aspect of the study as it provided us access to the most important data on (international) student mobility.”
- Yvonne van Hest, Brainport Eindhoven
Target group: International marketers, recruiters and policy markers
Duration: one day
Required experience: working in the field of international educational marketing (higher education)