This training helps staff members of Dutch higher education institutions to get started with international alumni relations. You’ll learn about the strategic importance of alumni relations, the essentials of managing international alumni chapters, and also get practical advice on how to engage your alumni abroad.
Interactive presentations, individual and group assignments
- Strategic fit
- Engaging your international alumni
- Maintaining an international alumni database
- Managing alumni chapters abroad
- How to get the most out of international alumni relations while facing limited capacity and budgets
- Alumni career services
After this training, you’ll:
- Understand the role international alumni relations play in internationalisation
- Know the ingredients of a strategic international alumni plan
- Learn about tools and instruments to keep the international alumni network active and committed
- Know how to work with alumni volunteers (policies, drivers)
- Know the best practices for creating activities for international alumni
- Have an overview of the career services & programmes an institution can offer
- Know what’s already in store for your international alumni
Part of the training will be tailored to participants’ needs and level of experience. To enable this, we will ask you to fill in a questionnaire and intake form.
Dates & location
Data: 8 & 9 October 2018
Monday : 13:00 – 17:30
Tuesday : 10:00 – 17:30
2518 AX Den Haag
No. of participants
½ hour preparation (fill out intake form)
€525,- (including course materials, lunch, excluding travel- and accommodation costs)
Karen de Man
Guest speakers; possibly Neso Alumni Officers (Skype)
“Fun training, good trainers. Great experience made possible by great group dynamic. We were lucky with the way the group fitted together and the positive flow this created.”
Carst Bussink, International Coordinator, Hanze University of Applied Sciences.
“I found the atmosphere of the training quite relaxing but also very inspiring. I had the opportunity to meet and to listen very experienced colleagues coming from a very wide range of education institutions. I value the fact that each experience and insight of the participants was also relevant to the trainers. This was very inspiring and gave us confidence.”
Maria VIllasmil, Coordinator Internationalisation – Dance, Amsterdam Academy of Theatre and Dance.
“The trainers were enthusiastic, young people with substansive knowledge, that also think with with you.”
Anonymous Alumni Coordinator, The Hague University of Applied Sciences.
For: Staff of Dutch higher education institutions in charge of international alumni relations
Duration: 1,5 days
Price: €525,- pp